REASONS TO BELONG:
The Chamber is a network of business people dedicated to making Pictou County a better place in which to do business.
The Chamber advocates for business to all levels of government.
The Chamber connects business people for support and growth.
The Chamber provides meaningful business services and benefits.
The Chamber celebrates business progress and success.
The Chamber partners with like- minded organizations for mutual gain.
– Creates opportunities for interaction with government leaders
– Responds to government policy and budget issues
– Links business with government programs and activities
– Hosts business information forums (Breakfasts/lunches/etc)
– Hosts business mixers and special events
– Provides opportunities for business to interact for mutual gain
– Sponsors meaningful training and business problem solving forums
– Provides benefits programs for members
– Hosts annual Business Achievement Awards celebration
– Recommends local business for provincial recognition
– PULSE Pictou County Mentorship program
– Antigonish and Strait Area Chambers cooperation
– Educational institutions (StF.X./NSCC/Halifax Chamber) projects
The Pictou County Chamber of Commerce has been a hub for business activity in Pictou County for more than 30 years. The Chamber has an engaged and dedicated volunteer Board of Directors, with a clear aim to ensure local businesses are well represented and supported in a variety of ways.
The economy of Pictou County is diverse. The county is proud to be the home of Sobeys, Crombie REIT, Empire Corporation and their associated businesses, which are recognized Canada-wide as leaders in their sectors. We are also fortunate to have two of Nova Scotia’s leading manufacturers and exporters, Michelin Tires Canada and Northern Pulp NS Corporation. We can also boast of having some of Canada’s finest metal fabricators, and a number of well-established manufacturers and exporters. These businesses, combined with diverse retail, agricultural, fishing, mining, IT and services sectors, with businesses large and small, makes our County a significant economic force in Nova Scotia. As a Chamber, we represent businesses which employ over 7,500 local persons.
No other business organization offers the broad based benefits available to Chamber members and their employees. The Chamber leverages the power of thousands of Chambers across Canada on behalf of the business community. At the same time, the Pictou County Chamber of Commerce is focused on support here in our local area, where our doors are always open to assist in the economic development of Pictou County.